Thursday, March 21, 2013

Words to live by

Ever since Heidi was a tiny baby, she would soothe herself when she was tired by taking her right pointer finger and repeatedly touching the center of her top lip.  You could take it to the bank that if she was doing this ritual, soon she'd be conked out.  I know I have pictures and movies of it, but couldn't find one anywhere to share here. 
It's a funny little thing, but sometimes, if there is any amount of dead skin there on her lip, she will pick at it until she makes it bleed.  It makes me cringe, because I know that really hurts.  She did it this morning and came crying to me.  We worked it out.
Later, as we drove around for errands, she confided in me that "When I am a grown girl, I probably won't pick my lip anymore.  But since I'm still a small girl, I will probably still pick my lip.  And my nose."
And there you have it. 

No comments: