Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Heidi's MInnie Mouse Party 5

My camera lay nestled in the bottom of my purse.  That's why I couldn't find it anywhere.  So no pictures of the 9 darling little girls at Heidi's party.  We colored, played "pin the bow on Minnie"-- a game that very nearly didn't happen because I didn't make the Minnie until 20 minutes before the girls got there and I made the bows while they arrived and colored.

After that, we decorated foam cupcakes with glittery foam stickers.  The girls kept saying things like "Oh, wow!  I love yours!  That's so beautiful!"  "This is the best party ever!"  They were making me smile.
I fed them mac & cheese, chicken nuggets, and fruit chunks.  It was greeted with various levels of success, hunger, and pickiness.
Then came the cupcakes:
They turned out much better than her actual birthday cake.
Keeping in mind that while I am an artist and I'd like to know how to decorate cakes, most of my bakery items end in some sort of disaster.
Yay, presents!  No one knows what a little girl wants like another little girl.  Squeals of rapture came from all of them as each gift was torn into.
Heidi spent all day playing with her new found treasures.

No comments: