Wednesday, April 1, 2009

April Fools

April Fools Day is one of the best "holidays" ever! The trickery and deceit all in the name of a good time is a nice release. Parents get to trick their children. Children get to say, "There's a spider on your head!" five million times and then scream with delight when you ham it up. "April Fools!!!"

This morning I put a couple of dots of food coloring in the kids' bowls before I poured in the cereal. When their milk magically changed colors they were thrilled. Sophie noticed first-- "Hey, there's a pink spot in my cereal!" Malynn found a piece that soaked up all the red coloring-- "Nice, it looks like blood!" Morgan was glad he got green instead of pink. Yeah, I'm thinking all of the time.

It's a miracle! Heidi has a full head of hair! And she's obviously excited about it. See, even though I took the picture last night, this is another example of a fun little April Fools joke. THIS IS NOT!!!!!!!

If you can't tell, it's snowing. Today. April 1, 2009. I took this picture a mere 20 minutes ago and already the ground is completely white. It's still falling like cold, baby plant killing feathers from heaven. Not really impressed with the cruelty behind this joke. It's supposed to be spring, darnit! I'm supposed to be planting my garden. I'm supposed to be basking in 50 degree temperatures. I'm not supposed to be wondering "When is the phone going to ring from Tahoma School District saying they are sending the kids home?" In the grand scheme of things, it's a minor inconvenience and tomorrow I won't remember it. But today, I'm going to complain.

No comments: