"Skies are fair above us, leaves (or moss, or pine needles) are on the trees. Flower beds are nodding, swayed by gentle breeze. Loving hearts are happy, while we work and play. God is in the heavens, joyous is our day." I love that primary song. It completely describes today.
After days of "lousy Smarch weather", we were blessed with gorgeousness! We spent the morning straightening up the downstairs and the rest of the day outside. I got the green onions, carrots, spinach, and lettuce planted in one box. The other box is full of delicious green beans. I replanted the peas around my pea pole. [Mom thought I said peephole-- I always did likes me a good spy on the neighbors. Morgan thought I said pee hole and thought I'd finally joined the potty mouth club. Dan laughed at it.] I cleared a spot for my 25 strawberry plants. Now I just have to plant them, wait, and enjoy luscious red berries. Mmmmm.....!
The kids are tired, hot, sweaty, and sunburned. They'll crash tonight-- the key is to keep them up until bedtime. We went out for McD's ice cream cones. Delish! Super messy! I grudgingly do my clean up the cone job. I don't even have to get my own cone (but I do) because I spend so much time catching all of the dripping sides.
I'll keep today.
Monday, April 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment