After waiting and waiting, my parents' mission call finally came yesterday. We all thought it would come while the girls and I were in Weiser, but it didn't. One of Dad's mission companions called while we were there and told him that he and his wife are serving a mission in SLC and it's their job to go through the papers of couple missionaries and make sure everything is in order. He told Dad that the call had been made and was on it's way. We were sure it would come last week. But it didn't.
My parents didn't call any of us outlyers, they just opened that letter by themselves, my local (to them) brother and his family, and the two hired hands. Then they still didn't call anyone. My SIL sent out an email with the video clip. At least I didn't find out on Facebook.
The second I heard Arkansas Little Rock Mission, my brain started singing this little ditty from "Big River".
Arkansas, Arkansas
I lust love ole Arkansas
Love my ma, love my pa
But I just love ole Arkansas
Well, I ain't never traveled much
But someday when the money's such
I'd like to see the world and all
And take a run through Arkansas
I'd like to get my picture took
And put in it my memory book
And someday hang it on my wall
To say that I'd seen Arkansas
Arkansas, Arkansas
I lust love ole Arkansas
Love my ma, love my pa
But I just love ole Arkansas
Grandpa he has always good
I'd play horsey on his foot
He'd tell me when I'd get tall
We'd both go see Arkansas
Arkansas, Arkansas
I lust love ole Arkansas
Love my ma, love my pa
But I just love ole Arkansas
Arkansas, Arkansas
I lust love ole Arkansas
Love my ma, love my pa
But I just love ole Arkansas
I just love ole Arkansas
Because of the farm, they are serving 18 months split into 6 month segments. They will go from October to March of the next three years. The mission could change or they could just get called back to Arkansas every year. They were called to strengthen the local membership/leadership, which includes such towns as Memphis, Tennessee, and parts of Mississippi. This will be a whole new experience for them! They will be immersed in a completely different culture-- big city, different type of poor, different cultural background than mostly white and Hispanic. It will be good for them.
Thursday, August 1, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment