Sunday, July 28, 2013

Morgan's busy life

Morgan is having the busiest summer of his life so far.
He got out of school on June 18th.  The weekend before, he had Shakedown camp for his jamboree troop.  The weekend he got out of school, he had a camp out for his ward Scout troop.  The next week was full of shopping, gathering supplies, haircuts, orthodontist, piano lessons, and packing.  Youth Conference was that weekend.  The couple who put it together works physically harder than anyone I know outside of my favorite farmers.  The kids who participated spent the weekend working harder than most of them ever will again.  Morgan loved it!
The next week was the 4th of July.  More gathering of last minute supplies.  Cleaning house.  Family visiting.  Fireworks. 
All culminating to the Jamboree trip of a lifetime.  Three weeks of adventures on the east coast.  Both he and Dan went.  I got rare phone calls from Morgan.  I got mostly nightly phone calls from Dan, which mostly lasted 2 minutes because he was so exhausted.  They got home this past Thursday-- Friday, if you ask the ever technical Malynn.  He slept a lot of Friday and then got to babysit while Dan and I went on a much needed date.  How fun for him.
Saturday he got to pack up for his week long High Adventure Scout camp for the local troop.  He leaves tomorrow at 5:20 am.  I will not be getting up for that, so I hope he doesn't die during his kayaking/canoeing adventure.  Dan can't go because he already took 3 weeks off.  I worry a little, mostly because I am highly suspicious of canoes and highly fearful of kayaks.  Although both have been used for centuries, they look fishy to me.
August hasn't been planned out yet, so no major things for the boy, but the month is young yet. 
Is this what having teenagers is like?
I'm afraid so.

No comments: