Argh! I am tired and was grumpy with the girls tonight, which makes me exceptionally grumpy with myself. I nearly left Malynn to sleep on the front lawn when she wouldn't come in after I asked her to and then demanded and then threatened that I would lock her out. Alison was concerned and sat by the window waiting for Malynn to decide to come home. I wasn't really going to make her sleep outside-- mostly because I knew she would go over to her friend's Grandma's house and spend the night there and I was already mad at the two of them for being so defiant because I wouldn't let Malynn sleep there tonight.
Everything is quiet now. The girls have finally fallen asleep and I have plenty of time to reflect upon the errors of my parenting skills. We need to get back into our routine and the neighbor kids need to relearn that they shouldn't ring the doorbell until after lunch so that I can get something out of my kids before they run around the cul de sac all day. I guess it would help if I went to bed, too.
But somebody piled all of her unpacking on my bed. Oh yeah. That was me. And somebody else isn't home so every noise freaks me out and I stay up way too late trying to keep the Bogey men away. Let's not forget that the next door neighbor's son keeps breaking in to his parent's house from the trail and my back gate isn't locked-- but we have let the blackberries grow back in across the entrance and thoughtfully fertilized them with a year's worth of guinea pig guano, so we're probably safe there.
I hate grumpy. It stinks.
Tuesday, July 23, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
thankfully no one rings our door bell to play yet. I was up with every noise last night too. Sorry you had a bad day. Today is a new day...Christina reminded me of that a couple weeks ago, although I am terrible at remembering that bit of advice.
Today was a better day. My heart is missing my husband (which wasn't the better part), but I just kind of cat napped all day. I'm not so crabby anymore. Dan will appreciate my napping efforts.
Post a Comment