I am so fried. Now I know why the medicine bottle comes with the warning to stay out of the sun. My blistering red skin bugged Dan enough that he braved the bathroom medicine stash to find the aloe vera. He even squirted it on me, because I was talking to my visiting brother and didn't take the time to put it on when he brought it to me.
Today was the first day that Heidi didn't complain about her stomach hurting. She did cry because she hates the almond milk I got for her because the dr said to avoid dairy for a little bit. It ruined her perfectly good bowl of cereal. She also cried later because I ate the rest of her chocolate chip cookie. In my defense, it was sitting there for at least two hours. I think I showed remarkable restraint. So, no puking and a girl who ate dinner-- maybe not with her usual appetite, but she ate it. Cheese and all. It's blasphemous to limit dairy consumption.
Today was the subdivision yard sale. That's why I'm so burned. I sat outside all day; all day in the glorious sun. Last night I made giant chocolate chip cookies for the girls to sell to hungry browsers. Malynn and her friend wanted to make lemonade. I looked at their Crystal Light packets and said, "We can do better than this!" I made fresh lemonade and raspberry lemonade using Real Lemon juice-- yeah, it's reconstituted, but it makes dang good juice. Between the juice and the cookies, they made $60 dollars. My cut was $15, since the split was based on work done. uhh...... I'm still thinking I got short changed since I not only made the stuff, but supplied the ingredients. They were incredible salespeople, though. Every time people entered the culdesac, the yelling began anew. "Get your lemonade! Get your cookies!"
Sophie brought out some of her old junky toys to sell. None of my kids get the concept that no one wants their garbage and no one really wants to spend more than .25 for it. When it was apparent that her goods were being overlooked, Sophie started knocking on the neighbors doors. I caught her doing it a couple of times. I finally bought a purse from her and it will go back into the DI bag she took it out of. $.75 well spent.
Last week I tried to give our couch to the missionary furniture czars. They said they didn't have any room for it in the storage unit. We tried to give it away at the yard sale, but there were no takers. Our missionaries came by and I jokingly told them about it. They said they didn't have a couch and had been asking for one. Well. They have one now. They also have my neighbor John's chair. John died a year ago and Nicole finally felt like she could give up his chair. I think he would be happy they have it.
My youngest brother is here visiting. It's been nice having him here. I really like spending time with my younger siblings, getting to know them. With 8 kids, it was like we were raised in two separate families; the four oldest and the four youngest.
Saturday, June 1, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment