Thursday, May 30, 2013

Today

Today:
I spent the morning at the doctor with Heidi.  Despite puking for 5 days, she's not dehydrated and doesn't need an IV.  The urine culture hasn't finished yet, so while she has pus in her pee and can't eat to keep the antibiotics from further hurting her stomach or keep them down if she got them down, we haven't started on antibiotics.  Oh.  And today she finally pooped after 4 days of not having a bowel movement.  After the toilet flushed, she came out and conversationally mentioned "There was blood on my poop."  Yay!  Mystery disease!  Which may or may not be over, because of course, now that we've spent thousands of dollars on tests to find out why she has such severe stomach cramps, when we got home, she asked for lunch.  And then ate it.  Not that I'm complaining about that.  That's a good thing.  She's sleeping off her debauchery of 1/2 c of chicken noodle soup (out of a can, but the good kind with multi grain noodles) and a small handful of Safeway's new starfish crackers.  We've still got to get through this afternoon and tonight, though.  If she starts cramping up again, they want to do a CT scan.  At Marybridge hospital in Tacoma.  Because I don't already have enough on my plate for tonight.
Piano lessons:  Sophie's piano lessons are at our house with Payton.  Thursdays are the only days that the downstairs is clean.  Except today.  Thank goodness the neighbor's little boy has lessons right after us and the mom is the nicest lady ever and let us do lessons at her house while Heidi napped.
Morgan's art project:  He's had all year to "work" on this, as in he's known all year about it.  A couple of months ago he signed up to do a painting of a space shuttle.  The thing is...... they didn't cover painting in class.  Nor are they supplying any of the stuff needed for it.  It has to be 18 x 24 at least.  Yeah.  That's not a run to Walmart and pick it up out of their slim selection size.  Nor is it a one piece of paper purchase size.  Heavenly Father took pity on me during a meltdown and asked me if I remembered that stash of poster board hiding behind my craft table or remembered my craft paints drying into colorful rubber in the closet.  It's not the best, but it's working.  Tonight that's good enough for me.  I helped him a lot little.  I showed him how by doing it on his picture how to shade with paint and how to make things look like they have dimension.  As I did it, I showed him how to create colors from what is available.  Our His painting of a space shuttle is not too shabby.  I feel a little bad, but not too awfully, because I don't think the teacher should have let them pick a project that he hadn't taught them how to do.  So there. 
Malynn's concert:  Malynn did a great job in her concert tonight.  She loves to sing and it really shows.  She knows all of the words and sometimes she's so excited that you can hear her voice in the midst of all 150-ish kids.  She sang a solo tonight-- an actual, factual solo.  She worked so long and hard on learning Taylor Swift's "You Belong to Me".  She's the littlest one ever.  There's one little 4th grader.... who is still taller than our shorty pants.  She sang the whole thing on her tip toes because the mic was up too high.  She did a great job and we are so proud of her.
 *** update.... in the middle of the concert Heidi started writhing.  As soon as Malynn's solo was done (second to last song) Dan ran her out of the auditorium.  They made it home before she lost her lunch and dinner (cold cereal).  After we got everyone home and in bed, we started to take her to the ER in Covington again, but then she started singing.  Clearly not in agony.
I just don't know and I'm getting frustrated about this.  She is fine during the day-- eating and drinking.  Inconveniently at night, she gets sick.  So all of the tests they run in the day will be inconclusive, but at night, the price of those same procedures raises exponentially and the money counter starts having convulsions.  Her attack didn't last as long this evening, but she was still a little bit whiny when we put her to bed.  I guess I'll call the doctor again tomorrow and see what they think again.  I can't fix this.

1 comment:

Caryn said...

Oh my gosh, I can't believe I didn't think of this before. It sounds EXACTLY like what I went through a couple years ago. Have you looked into an intestinal parasite?! I had all those same symptoms, almost exactly. For four months, I would suffer through a week of this, then be fine until the next month.

I went to the doctor twice and after saying they'd want me to poop in a jar at home and bring it in, I said thanks but no thanks. I went to the health food store, got something to take that's supposed to get rid of them, and I kid you not, after a few weeks, out came the dead parasite. It would have freaked me out if I wasn't so gosh darn relieved.