Saturday, October 27, 2012

Suck it up, Jill

The other day Morgan called me from school and wanted to come home because he'd overdone it in PE.  P90X.  I told him to suck it up and stay for the hour that he had left.
Now I'm telling myself to suck it up.  The rains have begun.  It will rain until after the 4th of July.  It makes me kind of sad.  I know there will be breaks in the deluge, but it's still depressing.  So, to change my attitude, I'm going to list all of the things I really do like about the rain.

I like the sound as it pitter-patters on my roof
Rain really brings out that Washington smell and that's a good thing
We planted/reseeded our lawn a couple of weeks ago and the rains have kept the temperatures warm enough and the ground wet enough to get a good start.  There's a bright green sheen to our dirt and those little bitty green whiskers make me smile.
I get to use my new ginormous umbrella to walk to the bus stop.  I'm a cool mom now.
Since I'm stuck inside, I can start working on my furniture refinishing projects.  I got some yellow paint today for the hutch that makes me giddy inside.
Hot chocolate
Soup
Not feeling guilty about taking a lazy day to read all snuggled up in a blanket with Gorges.
It makes summer all the more sweeter when it finally arrives.
When I finally get to visit England, I will feel right at home

My glass is definitely looking a little bit fuller.

No comments: