Thursday, December 1, 2011

The Mad Mother Hatter

It all started this past Halloween. Our family was the cast of "Despicable Me". Sophie wanted an 'Edith Hat' to complete her ensemble. I have skills. I can make that! So I made her a pink striped earflap hat. She wore it everyday for weeks.  Then I noticed all of the animal hats wandering around here-- like a zoo full of loose animals (as in animals running wild, not animals with questionable morals) or a furry woodland theme park.  Again I said to myself, "I have skills.  I can make that!"  I should have stopped while I was ahead.  Yarn was purchased.  A lot of it.  Visions of children running about with hats(quality hand crocheted, washable, dryable, cuter than a bug's ear-- ooo! that gives me another idea!) started dancing in my head.
So I present to you, hats handcrafted by me.  Not a one is like another, because mostly I make it up as I go.  My inventory is growing.  My house is infested with raccoons, giraffes, frogs, bears, pandas, cats, puppies, lambs, pom-poms, baby elf hats, and stripes.  The husband is kindly supporting my latest craze, but I'm sure he'll be getting out some pest control soon. 
Then I found Fun Fur yarn.  New avenues are opened.  Davy Crocket 'coonskin' caps will soon be the must have accessory for all adventureres. 


P.S.  Thanks to all of my very cute models.  Yay for play group!





 

2 comments:

robin marie said...

your hats are amazing!!! those are the cutest things!

Bigmama said...

WOW!!! How is it that I am just finding your blog and seeing how beautifully creative you are ( in hat making anyway, I know about the bows and crocheting blankets, and making chocolates, etc, etc). Anyway, those are the cutest thing ever, and if your selling them, we'll definitely hire your work! Let me know what you charge. They are awesome!!!