Thursday, February 26, 2015

Four, Three, ....

Four:  When a house is 13 years old, things start to break.  First is was the front door handle.  When the house painters put it back on the door after they painted it, the handle was a little bit loose.  Over the last three years, it's gotten wobbly and now the jamb is off kilter.  We deal with it.  The kids have learned to twist the knob or press the thumb thingee when you close the door.  It works.  Then the garbage disposal got jammed a few weeks ago.  Dan loosened up the gears with a few twists of an Allan wrench.  It kind of works now, but there is a distinct metal grinding on metal noise and it's getting louder.  The toilet in the kids' bathroom has always had problems.  The flap would get caught when flushed and the toilet would run for hours.  "Just jiggle the handle," Dan would say.  Alas, the jiggling broke the attachment from the handle to the chain.  Now the toilet doesn't flush at all.  Last, but not least, on Tuesday while I was cooking dinner there was a burning smell and a snapping noise.  The food in the pan wasn't burning or snapping, but I pulled it off the burner anyway.  There was the coil, glowing a furious red, making little snapping noises.  Dang it!  It's my favorite burner.
Last night we took an early date night trip to Home Depot.  Now we have the tools to fix everything.  That's half the battle.  Hopefully time, the other element of the battle will be forthcoming.
Three:  Some things have been bugging me.  Three things to be precise.  If I was the type to suffer from stress related insomnia, I would have had several sleepless nights.  I've fretted and thought about it.  I've taken them to the Lord.  In the wee early morning hours when I'm up to get Morgan off to seminary (it's become my job) two of the answers have come to me.  One is a little bit harder to accomplish, but I have to do something with the answer I've received.  The other is a blessing.  Still waiting on the third, but I have every confidence that the answer will come.
I've realized something lately.  I always thought prayers like this were answered while on the knees and it seemed like I never had the patience to sit there and wait.  Now I'm finding that the answers come before I put in a specific, kneeling request.  I have my open, on-going conversations with Heavenly Father.  Later, the answers come.  No fanfare.  Nothing more than a clarity of thought and a sense of rightness.

No comments: