This could be about anything. It could be about the ridiculous amount of jellybeans I've consumed this year. It could be about my disinclination to get the laundry done before I leave this weekend. It is actually about family history.
LDS.org gave me a password and set me free to wreak havoc. I was under the assumption that what I did in the privacy of my own computer stayed with my own account. Alas. I don't think it does. What's even worse is that my name is getting posted with the "changes" I've made. Why isn't anyone stopping me?!
I guess I could have read the directions, but all I wanted to do was to get my living grandmother's predecessors to show up. I knew her parent's names so I added them, only that made new people who didn't connect to their predecessors. So, I merged them with the existing id number. I'm so afraid I am ruining the whole thing. Somebody is going to hunt me down and did I mention THAT MY NAME IS ON THIS THING NOW?!
p.s. I think I know where Malynn's height came from. Her Great-great Grandpa Rowlett.
Monday, March 24, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
If you are doing FamilySearch, you can change your settings to what you want people to see. You can have your name, phone, and email for everyone to see (which has come in handy for me when I contact a distant relative that has a different angle, information, sources, and memory) or you can just have a screen name.
A lot of what is on familysearch is already kind of crazy. Today I merged about 10 records for the same family. So long as you are sure that they are the same individuals, don't worry about messing it up. If worse comes to worse, it can be undone.
At the same time, it is really nice to be able to do your own work without giving someone else the opportunity to change it. Last weekend I went to a family history conference and purchased RootsMagic. What I really love about that program is that it can work directly with familysearch.
I have also been unsure about how to add Grandma and haven't done so because i've been working on my own family.
Thanks Celeste. I just hope I don't get in trouble.
Post a Comment