This year she is 11 years old and since she was a lead cast member, hanging out with 8th and 9th graders. She built friendships that she feels will last for the eternities. The final show was an emotional one for the actors. Kids started crying before the play was over and instead of striking the set, they spent an extra hour feeding into their hysteria. I was there. It was painful to watch. Morgan thought something was wrong with him because he couldn't cry. Malynn worked herself up to a wailing point.
Now there is a sense of let down. She wants back in with these older, cooler friends. Last night we found out that she'd been calling them, not so much covertly, as just failing to mention that she was on the phone. (She doesn't have a cell phone)
This morning I tried to explain to her why we didn't particularly want her calling these older
What to do? Do we let her call these kids and let it slowly die a natural death, even though everything in me is screaming that doesn't make any sense at all? Do we put a stop to it and give her a better diversion?
I guess I need to go think diverting thoughts.

No comments:
Post a Comment