After that, I was craving sweet, chocolate, butter, and peanut butter. I made no bake cookies, because of the fiber, and yes, because I'm responsible like that.
I bought a heart plaque at Joann's a few weeks ago, because I really liked the general idea of it to hang on my hanging arrow thing. I'd been waiting for inspiration. I knew it would involve red glitter.
As with most of my projects that are made with slap-dashery, I have a very hard time discerning if it looks okay. I like it, but I'm not sure that all of the elements go together, because I thought of the elements separately and jammed them all together. I took some lace, cut it out in the heart shape and then sprayed metallic red paint over it. I bought some lock and key doo dads a while ago to use on the journals I make, so I pilfered one of the key holes (I'll probably regret it someday) and glued it on. I traded out the flat resin key that came with the heart and added one from my collection of kitschy keys and made a little glitter heart on the teeth. Then, I glittered up the "Love". I took out the solid wire from the top and put in red wires that can easily slip onto the hooks in my arrow.
I've been wanting a new camera. Mine is about a million technological years old, which knowing me, isn't a huge surprise. Looking at these pictures, though, and I might be ready to move on.
This is my 'W', because our last name starts with it. I did the same thing to make the word 'JoY' for Christmas, but I'll have to take a picture of that next year when I dig those out again. To make this, I got one of those cardboard letters from Super Joann's (now I know where the one in Federal Way is, and it's become a problem). I drew the loopy things on and then traced over them with puff paint. After it dried for 3 weeks while I pondered what color to paint it, I decided to use a matte metallic silver, mostly because it was out in the garage and I wouldn't have to go get more paint. A couple of coats of paint later and I took some of Dan's black shoe polish to it. I just smeared it all over and tried to make it look fairly burnished. Then I sprayed a clear coat over it. The clear coat is not a fan of the waxy shoe polish, but that's some more slap-dashery for you. Right now our monogram sits proudly on top of the piano. I tried to glue a loop to the back to hang it on the wall by our family picture and over the bird cage. Unfortunately, the loop came unglued, as did the bird when a flying, shiny letter crashed into his cage. So. No hanging.
I don't have a picture of it, but I also painted the base of my cake stand yellow. I used an enamel paint, which really smells like doughnuts while it bakes. It is not my finest work, since it looks like someone took a big brush and slathered paint on in a rather thick manner, which is, coincidentally, what happened. From far away, it's lovely though. And once people eat my cake, they won't care what the stand looks like, right?


No comments:
Post a Comment