Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Beauty School

I'm going to start this out with a story.  We were sitting around the table last year around Thanksgiving time.  Dan mentioned seeing our neighbor's daughter at church and said that she was back.  I told him that she wasn't 'back', she was just home for the holidays, taking a break from beauty school.  A few minutes later Alison asked in a quiet little voice, "Is she ugly?"
What? 
"Is she ugly?  Is that why she has to go to beauty school?"
Oh, we got a good laugh about that one.
I think if Alison's marketing career with McDonalds doesn't pull through for her, she will probably go to beauty school.  She absolutely loves dressing people up, playing with hair, and applying copious amounts of makeup.  She's getting better at all of it. 
Tonight I had Alison help me with my burgeoning beard.  Old age and the steriods used to control my inflammation have left me with thick black hairs growing out of my chin.  (When they grow out of my ears, we'll know there's a bigger problem).  Having tweezers in her hot little hands turned Alison into a maniac with a hair plucking addiction.  She asked me if she could fix my eyebrows.  When I told her that I pay somebody to do that for me, she gave me this gleeful look and told me that she would do it for free!  What a deal!
I talked to her about beauty school and said that she ought to think about it (well because she's almost 8 and needs to make career choices right now).  She was pretty excited about it.  She offered to cut my hair for free!  She'll even cut her sisters' hair.  What a girl. 
Now we need a pilot, a photographer, a chef, and a contracter.    

2 comments:

robin marie said...

Is she ugly? HAHAHAHA. That is classic.

Christi and Evan said...

I love that girl!