Dan, Heidi, and I spent the day in down town Seattle. Whoo boy! I had a Drs appointment with my dermatologist (Yay! The arthritis medication will definitely clear up the scalp psoriasis-- see you in a year and oh, let's freeze that thing off your face that is distracting me so much that my eyes keep wandering over to it.) Dan needed, yes NEEDED, to go to the Army/Navy surplus extravaganza store. He was like a boy in a toy train store. He also had to get some new patches for Scouts, so we went to the Scout store.
For lunch we went to this place that Dan's been telling me about for awhile-- the BEST Philly Cheese Steaks in Seattle.
Oh, I should just learn! If anything comes with the caveat that "sometimes the best food comes from little dives", I should come armed with my own Lysol spray and wipes and air freshener. And mop and broom and perhaps some matches.
http://www.yelp.com/biz/the-original-phillys-seattle-2#query:philly%20cheese%20steak
I've never had an "amazing" cheese steak sandwich, so I don't know what to compare it to. It was tons better than the frozen/reheated ones in the freezer section at Costco. It didn't taste wrong. Does that make sense? It did not, however, send me into a fit of swoons, and I've had mashed potatoes that have done that.
No matter how good the food is, I couldn't get over the state of the place. It was disgusting! This is coming from me, the one who doesn't clean her house and frequently wishes I could light my kitchen on fire instead of mopping. My little bottle of Bath and Body Works Apple Lavender hand sanitizer was working over time. "Heidi, don't touch that!" Squirt! "Heidi, don't touch that!" Squirt!
One of the most common comments on the Yelp page was "Take it to go!" I would concur.
My favorite part was the funnily grumpy girl who took our order. She was rolling her eyes and complaining about all of the high school kids that come in for lunch every day. She looked like she was 15.
Thursday, January 31, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Next time go to Tat's on Yesler. It is hands down our favorite. And we've eaten cheesesteaks in Philly!
Post a Comment