Wednesday, July 18, 2012

The Art of Procrastination

Let's see.  What else can I do to avoid starting? 
Yesterday I bought 3 boxes of gorgeous apricots.  I also picked up 15 lbs of raspberries in their juice and 15 lbs of strawberries in their juice.  It's harvest time for certain!  I'm excited about the apricots because the last few years I've spent on the road during apricot season and only got the tail end leavings by the time I got home.  Our stock of apricots is carefully guarded.  Those will probably be the jars dated "1986" in my pantry when we clean it out because I can't stand to see the rows of jars diminish.  No More!
True story.  About five years ago I helped my Mom clean out her fruit room-- so that would have been 2007.  There were seriously jars of brown mush from 1986.  Gross! 
I need to clean off my counters, bring in the jars, lug out the 6 gal bucket of sugar, reorganize my pantry shelf space, reorganize the freezer, and bring in all of the canning paraphenalia.  I love the product.  I actually love doing it.  The prep work makes it seem daunting.  Once canning season begins, my kitchen is a wreck.  I can't move after the long days.  My breast bone is already getting into the act. 
Must. Get. Moving.
If anyone wants to learn how to can, let me know.  I really like sharing this skill.

No comments: