Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Whew! Long weekend is finally over.
Here are some of the gems:
I finally broke down and hired myself a wife for three weeks. What a boon! Why hadn't I thought of this before? Kara needed a job and I needed someone to help me keep ahead of the hoard. It was funny to see how she reacted to how fast they turned our pristine rooms back into disaster areas. AND I am not used to working for 4 consecutive hours a day. She worked my fingers to the bone-- actually, just until my carpel tunnel flared up.
One day we were working on something and Sophie asked Kara about her kids. Kara is 19 and not married, so obviously, there are no kids. Alison was so concerned that she offered our Daddy to Kara for a husband. Both of us were quick to say "No! I don't think so!" Alison said, "Not for keeps, she can just borrow him for a little while." While I appreciate Alison's empathy and generosity, and while I understand the principles of polygamy, I'm not ready for Dan to have another wife. Unless I'm dead, but I won't die, because I simply don't trust that Dan will make another great catch.
Malynn's baptism was a beautiful event. We ended up doing it by ourselves in Enumclaw (1/2 hour away) because our chapel was being used for youth conference. We had to do it in the morning because Morgan had his 5th grade musical all afternoon. The coordinators in Enumclaw were so nice and accommodating (which reminds me, we have a whole stack of Thank You cards to write). Uncle James and Grammy Lou talked, Morgan and Ryan bore their testimonies, and Dan performed the ordinances. It was nice to have family and friends near us for this special time. The 5th grade musical was wonderful! They did Schoolhouse Rock Live, Jr.. Morgan was one of the chorus. They danced and sang and had a great old time. They are such cute kids. Even though Morgan had a moment of wanting to quit, I'm glad he hung on. These experiences where he can succeed and find a niche are good for him.
Heidi discovered the difference between boys and girls this last weekend. I was getting my nephew ready for a bath and Heidi wandered over. She got the funniest look on her face. What was wrong with this kid?! This was all wrong! You know how she is about broken things. I'm pretty sure Heidi thought he was broken in a serious way. As I was getting her ready for her bath, she checked to make sure she was still normal. Whew! The parts were still right where they were supposed to be and had no strange deformities! While they were both in the tub, Heidi sat on the other side and gave him the stink eye the whole time. It was pretty funny.
And now everyone is home. I love having company, but it totally stresses me out. Ask Dan. He would rather we never do anything or have anyone over because I turn into some kind of monster that he has to live with.

No comments: