Friday, June 26, 2009

The birds and the bees are growing up

A couple of weeks ago, Morgan had "THE TALK" at school-- you know, the "you're growing up and will start to notice funny things about your body" one. I was surprised that this delightful service was being offered so early. I loved that the parents had to sign and turn in the permission slips two days before the film was available for parental viewing. When he got home, I tried to get out of him what he had gleaned. Almost nothing. He did, of course, note the terribly informative diagram. At least he had the decency to hide it from the little girls. The best thing about the day was the deoderant included in the little goodie bag the boys were given.
What I would have given to be in the fourth grade pods the next morning. I'm sure every little boy came in smelling of Old Spice "After Hours". The smell must have been over-powering. Ever since, Morgan has been very aware of his manly odors. He says he smells of Doritos and then he'll run off and lavishly apply deoderant. On Sundays, he's taken to wearing body spray. Thank goodness we caught the BO scourge early!

3 comments:

melissa said...

What grade is this kid in? Wow. It's so crazy that we're already telling our kids about . . . stuff. They grow up too fast.

Anonymous said...

Loved catching up on your posts. You write so entertainingly! Is that a word?

Get on Facebook!
Love,
Sarah

Jill W said...

I am on Facebook. Look for Jill Anne Hansen Williams.