I am a smell person. I love how smells bring you somewhere in time or can make you happy. Here is a list of my favorite smells and sometimes the reason why.
Bayberry candles= Christmas
Obsession on a cold day= when Dan and I were dating. Mmmm... he smelled so good!!
The smell cookies and cakes give off just about the time they are done
The lemony scent of yellow irises
Baby heads (okay, CLEAN heads)= 5 reasons why
Pickly baby toes
Clean laundry= the only reason (besides the absolute need) I do/love laundry
Grandma Hunter's house
The way the mountains smell= Grandma Hunter's OR house & summers there and now my home
Any state line into ID= Dan says it doesn't smell any different, but I says it does
The spicy smell of October
The earthy smell of spring
A clean kitchen= it's a rare beast around these parts
Vanilla Bean Noel= if ever there was a lotion I wanted to eat
Garlic= since I can only smell it now. Curses on old age and stomach gripes!
Spearmint fields on a hot day= the whole world smells like mint tea
That's all I can think of.... the kids are tearing the house apart, so the other sensory organs (ears and eyes) are insisting I take care of the mayhem.
Thursday, February 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I remember driving by the mint fields on the way to Weiser with you. It was amazing!
Post a Comment