During dinner, Alison decided to force feed Heidi her yogurt snacks [product placement: LOVE the Gerber freeze dried yogurt bites! All the taste, no greasy film, and little mess. I'm having a hard time keeping the older kids out of them.] Suddenly Malynn screams (because she can't speak without emphasis) "Alison took a bite out of that and stuck it in Heidi's mouth!" Alison turned and very matter of factly said, "Becauthe she liketh my germth." I really enjoy teasing Alison about her lisp. It's not even a true lisp, because she puts the s sound in before the th sound. Her name is "Alisthon Wachel Williamsth". When you repeat her, she gets so mad, "That'sth not what I sthaid! I sthaid, 'Ally Wachel Williamsth!'"
And speaking of germs..... Dare I say it?! We are sickness free! Finally! It was even a holiday yesterday.
So, which is better.....? Alison announced that when I turn into a puppy, she is going to play with me in the pool. Huh? On the other hand, after suffering through eye drops/ointment, Sophie insists that when she is an adult and I get pink eye, Daddy is going to hold me down while she puts the medicine into my eyes. I think I won't be going to her for my old person care. She holds grudges, while the other girls just let it all out and then are fine.
Last night for FHE we had a birthday party for MLK jr, as per Malynn's request. We had a chocolate birthday cake, since Malynn thought that would have been his favorite. No candles because he wasn't there to blow them out-- another edict from Malynn. I gave a brief history of slavery and the civil rights movement. I talked about what Martin Luther King did for the movement-- peaceful civil disobedience. (Did you know that his name was originally Michael King Jr, but after a trip to Germany, MK senior changed both of their names to reflect their respect of Martin Luther) After reading Elder Hales "Christian Courage" talk from conference this morning, I realized how nicely I could have segwayed into a gospel testimony. Shoot! If only I had read the talk yesterday.
Sunday, January 18, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment