Thursday, December 18, 2008

Merry Christmas from the school district

How do three full weeks of Christmas vacation sound to you? It sounds l-o-o-ng to me. The kids will have gone to school once this week because of snow days. I've been thinking perhaps there is a conspiracy. Think the movie "9 to 5" where Dolly and her friend kidnap the boss and run the office. I think some overjubulant teens have kidnapped the superintendent of the Tahoma school district and have declared snow days whether we need them or not. Mostly not. Today Dan stayed home from work because Bellevue got four inches of snow and the freeways all shut down. Admittedly, this was nice because it freed me up to go out and play with the older kids. I think we were outside for three hours frolicking in the couple of inches we got today. I love our culdesac. One Grandma made hot chocolate. I supplied cups and whipped cream. There were sleds aplenty. Bigger boys for pulling the littler ones around on the sleds. It was a nice day had by all. Except for Dan, who stayed inside with Heidi all day. Actually, except for Heidi, because she didn't choose her activities and Dan played XBox all day.

1 comment:

melissa said...

We are still jealous of snow! My parents ( a half hour up the mountain) got two feet of snow this week! The most theyv'e had in ten years. When the roads are clear, the kids have ordered a snow play day! Glad you got to go out and have some fun getting cold and wet!