Things have changed with Dan's new stake calling. One of those things is that the girls no longer have a jungle gym to swarm over during Sacrament meeting. Once a month, my nerves stretched to their hormonal edge, I can barely stand to have anyone touch me. Today, I was hormonal. Today, I became the jungle gym. It was all I could do to not run screaming out of the chapel. I held it together. There may have been rocking and humming on my part, but at least there was no screaming.
Primary consisted of the usual cat rodeo plus some added fun. We had runners and other sundry adventures.
At lunch time, Morgan was putting water in his mouth, and then leaning back to let the water trickle down his throat. I told him to knock it off or I would let Heidi give him CPR when he died. (Malynn reminded me that I threatened to smack him as well-- hormonal, remember). At this point, Heidi opened a mouth full of chewed up grilled ham and cheese sandwich to let Morgan know exactly what CPR by her would involve. It was a lovely moment of family tenderness.
Sunday, August 17, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Haha! Great post! Mark was speaking in the ward where Dan spent his sacrament meeting. When Mark was relating his speaking experience to me, he indicated that Dan was very attentive and encouraging (via head nods and smiles). I think perhaps Dan didn't miss his weekly jungle gym session.
And as I wrangled my rowdy crew alone this morning in sacrament meeting, I think I employed the same rock and hum technique you used...
When we finally got home from our month long vacation-- most of it Dan spent at home-- friends asked if Dan was lonely. He never answered the question, just said it was a lot quieter. I think it's the same with Sundays. As mine get progressively more harried, his will become 'that blessed day of peace and rest'. He'll be hungrier since he can't come home and eat with us.
Scouts has trained me for Dan being gone a lot (not this much), so I'm not having a hard time with his absence as much as I am with the learning curve of how to have better quality time when we do have him home/with us.
Post a Comment