Monday, April 21, 2014

Family History, I'm looking at it

I've really got to move my shellfish picture further down the blog list.  I'm getting tired of looking at what seems to amount to a clam exhibitionist. 
I have been working on a family history project inspired by my sister in law.  In a massive frame, there is a family fan chart (of sorts) that includes 6 generations, pictures of 5 of those generations, and ours will have pictures of the Boise Temple (where we were married) and the Seattle Temple.  It has truly been one of the most fulfilling things I have done with my time.  I am completely and totally enamored by the family search website and all of its sub-sites.  The pictures!  Oh, the pictures!  Bless the people who are loading pictures and memories onto the site.  I want to go home and spend time this summer helping my parents to load up every little thing they have.  It's important.  It brings family history alive. 


  This is my maternal great-grandparents, John and Jennie Ellen Rowlett.  The story goes that she was in love with his younger brother (perhaps Gold Standard Thomas Rowlett) and wanted to marry him.  Her family vetoed that and made her marry John, the eldest brother.  This is them on their wedding day.  She is pretty grumpy about the whole thing.  I think it was also her 16th birthday.   
 


1 comment:

Caryn said...

Hahaha! I love it!!