
This is Heidi's big girl bed. It was so funny to watch her that first night. She squealed. She wiggled. She jumped. She truly enjoyed herself. It may have been too soon to put her in a bed. I forget in my excitement to leave babyhood behind (weep! she really is growing too fast) that the crib is an excellent cage. I still have to lay by her to get her to sleep for naps and bedtime. It's a sacrifice to take a nap with her, but motherhood is ALL about sacrificing.A couple of nights ago, Dan asked me to come upstairs with the camera. That automatically makes a mother leary. Sure enough. Calamity. Alison had dumped 1/2 of a thing of baby powder on her head and face. It was everywhere! The funniest thing to me was the wispy white ends of her eyelashes batting up and down as she looked at me with chagrin. How to maintain "The Eye" as I laugh? Her reasoning? "But, Mommy, it's good for my skin." Yes, my love, but not for your lungs, the carpet, nor my sanity.


1 comment:
She looks like the living dead--all ready for Halloween. That would be a cheap costume! I guess she'll smell good for a while!
Post a Comment